Wednesday 24 March 2010

Looking back at youre preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

In this final project I have definitely improved my technical skills in a sense of using more computer programmes and learning more about using the camera. For example, whilst filming this opening sequence we had to re-film because of the lack of shots, therefore this provided a good opportunity to make the film better in terms of more camera skills. We used a variation of shots the second time around from EST. shots to close-ups and also the moving of the camera, we tried tracking but it was difficult to keep a steady hand but I felt I learned a lot by experimenting with the camera and we definitely know now to try more than one of every shot whether it be at a different angle or closer up to the character because you cant always rely that the first shot will be exactly right.
In terms of computer software I also learned more than the skills I had in the preliminary. The website blogger.com was what we used to store all our work, it did this as a webpage and allows people to look at what we have done in each separate part of the production process quickly and clearly, I am confident in using and uploading images/files and changing them to JPEG etc.
Another programme that I am now more familiar with is Adobe Premier which was the software used to edit with, we had to do this is the editing suite so we had to stick to using one computer. To begin with the fact that the computers had two monitors threw me a bit but after a while I learnt this made it easier to view the whole film and edit what was needed. I know that my audio skills have improved as well as the rest of the groups because we did not need to put music over our first film.

No comments:

Post a Comment